Office of Admission
Welcome Evening Students
Below is a list of questions and answers that address the specific concerns of previous evening students.
For additional information pertaining to career services, please visit www.jmls.edu/career-services/evening-students.php.
Click a question below to show the answer.
- 1. What is the difference between PMBR and BAR/BRI?
PMBR is a bar review course that only focuses on the multiple choice portion of the bar (at least in IL).
BAR/BRI is also a bar review course, but it focuses on the multiple choice and essay portion of the bar. You can take both review courses.
- 2. When can I sign up to take the MPRE?
Once you have earned 60 credit hours.
- 3. What is the website to sign up for the MPRE?
- 4. Can I take a day class even though I am an evening student?
Yep! You can register for a day class just like any of your night classes. You don't even have to notify the registrar.
- 5. Who should I contact with PMBR questions?
You can call the 800.523.0777 to sign up or contact the Cental Regional Director, Leslye C. Swigert, Esq. at Leslye.Swigert@kaplanpmbr.com
- 6. When is the MPRE offered?
For information on the MPRE, including test dates, visit https://www.ncbex.org/exams/mpre/
- 7. How do I know when I am officially a 2L/3L?
30-59 hours = 2L
60 or more is a 3L
- 8. If my teacher schedules a make up class during the day that I cannot attend because of work, what accommodations are they required to make? Does that count as an absence against me?
You can ask your teachers to tape the make-up sessions and put them on Tegrity. Technically they don't have to do it, but often will, especially for make-up sessions. But, make-up sessions do not count against your total class absences allowed.
- 9. Where can I find out how many credit hours a class is worth and if there are any prerequisite classes?
Everything you need to know about each course is available online through the course catalog at http://courses.jmls.edu/Pages/SectionsHome.aspx
- 10. How can I get on one of the honors journals?
For all information regarding honors candidacy, visit www.jmls.edu/honors/.
- 11. What is the school's refund policy?
- 12. How are evening students ranked?
You're always ranked with who you'll graduate with. So for the first-year, evening students are ranked alone. After the first year, day students who will graduate at the same time as those evening students are added to the rankings.
- 13. How can I take advantage of the Writing Resource Center?
Evening students are free to sign up for any available WRC appointment. In addition, the WRC reserves certain appointments at lunchtime, in the evenings, and on Saturdays exclusively for evening students. These reserved appointments are identified on the sign-up sheets. If they are unfilled after being posted two weeks, the appointments are opened up to all students. Lunch appointments with Alice Burke can be in person or by Skype. When you sign up, email Ms. Burke to let her know which you prefer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the Writing Resource Center, visit the Writing Resource Center's webpages.