Office of Admission
Welcome Evening Students
Below is a list of questions and answers that address the specific concerns of previous evening students.
For additional information pertaining to career services, please visit www.jmls.edu/career-services/evening-students.php.
Click a question below to show the answer.
- 1. What is the difference between PMBR and BAR/BRI?
PMBR is a bar review course that only focuses on the multiple choice portion of the bar (at least in IL).
BAR/BRI is also a bar review course, but it focuses on the multiple choice and essay portion of the bar. You can take both review courses.
- 2. When can I sign up to take the MPRE?
Once you have earned 60 credit hours.
- 3. What is the website to sign up for the MPRE?
- 4. Can I take a day class even though I am an evening student?
Yep! You can register for a day class just like any of your night classes. You don't even have to notify the registrar.
- 5. Who should I contact with PMBR questions?
You can call the 800.523.0777 to sign up or contact the Cental Regional Director, Leslye C. Swigert, Esq. at Leslye.Swigert@kaplanpmbr.com
- 6. When is the MPRE offered?
For information on the MPRE, including test dates, visit https://www.ncbex.org/exams/mpre/
- 7. How do I know when I am officially a 2L/3L?
30-59 hours = 2L
60 or more is a 3L
- 8. If my teacher schedules a make up class during the day that I cannot attend because of work, what accommodations are they required to make? Does that count as an absence against me?
You can ask your teachers to tape the make-up sessions and put them on Tegrity. Technically they don't have to do it, but often will, especially for make-up sessions. But, make-up sessions do not count against your total class absences allowed.
- 9. Where can I find out how many credit hours a class is worth and if there are any prerequisite classes?
Everything you need to know about each course is available online through the course catalog at http://courses.jmls.edu/Pages/SectionsHome.aspx
- 10. How can I get on one of the honors journals?
For all information regarding honors candidacy, visit www.jmls.edu/honors/.
- 11. What is the schools refund policy?
- 12. How are evening students ranked?
You're always ranked with who you'll graduate with. So for the first-year, evening students are ranked alone. After the first year, day students who will graduate at the same time as those evening students are added to the rankings.