Academic Services (Registrar)
January 2015 Commencement Information
Commencement exercises will be on Sunday, January 18, 2015 at Hyatt Regency Chicago (Grand Ballroom, Gold Level East Tower), 151 East Wacker Drive, Chicago, Illinois. The ceremony will start promptly at 3 p.m. Students should report to the Hyatt Robing Room no later than 1:30 p.m for robing. The ceremony will last approximately 2 hours. Immediately following commencement, a reception will be held for faculty, graduates, and their guests. We suggest making dinner reservations for 6:30 p.m. in the city and accordingly in the suburbs.
Checklist for Graduates
Apply to Graduate: Please complete the online application to graduate by Friday, September 26, 2014.
Order Your Cap, Gown, and Accessories Online: Each graduating student attending commencement must rent his/her cap and gown online through Herff Jones. You may also purchase commencement announcements, college rings, diploma frames, and licensed college jewelry from Herff Jones.
All orders must be placed by midnight on Saturday, December 13, 2014, or you will be charged a $20 late fee.
Please follow these instructions to order graduate regalia:
- Once you navigate to the URL listed above, select Order Rental Cap and Gown
- Select Sunday, January 18, 2015 from the dropdown menu
- Select Doctorate (for JD or LLM students) or Master (for MS students)
- On the following page, find the Cap and Gown tab, and enter your information in the appropriate fields
- Click Add to Cart and complete your purchase
Note: The only honors cords graduates will be permitted to wear during the Commencement Ceremony are those delineating between the honors of summa cum laude, magna cum laude, and cum laude based on rankings from the prior semester. Authorized graduates will receive these cords with their regalia order. Graduates wearing all other cords will be asked to remove them for the duration of the ceremony.
- Cap and Gown Pick-Up: Friday, January 16, 2015 | Noon-6 p.m. in Room 310
- Graduate Reception: Friday, January 16, 2015 | Noon-2 p.m. on 3East
Gather with colleagues, friends and family for food, drinks and fun. This is a great chance for your family and friends to take a tour of John Marshall and meet your professors.
- Obtain Your Commencement Tickets: Graduates do not need an admission ticket for Commencement; however, tickets are required for guests. Each graduate will receive 10 tickets, available in the Career Services Office, Room 405, beginning on December 1, 2014. Please note that upon picking up your graduation tickets, you will be required to undergo an exit interview with a Career Services Office staff member.