Academic Services (Registrar)
Commencement exercises will be on Sunday, January 19, 2014 at Hyatt Regency, 151 East Wacker Drive (Gold Level, East Tower), Chicago, Illinois. The ceremony will last approximately 2 hours. Immediately following commencement, a reception will be held for faculty, graduates, and their guests. We suggest making dinner reservations for 6:30 p.m. in the city and accordingly in the suburbs.
Checklist for Graduates
- Apply to Graduate: Please return the appropriate application to graduate to the Registrar's Office by Monday, October 14, 2013.
- Purchase Your Cap, Gown, and Accessories Online: Each graduating student attending commencement must purchase his/her cap and gown online through Herff Jones at http://colleges.herffjones.com/college/_jmls/. All orders must be placed by midnight on December 14, 2013, or you will be charged a $20 late fee.
Please follow these instructions to order graduate regalia:
- Once you navigate to the URL listed above, select Order a Cap and Gown
- Select Sunday, January 19, 2014 from the dropdown menu
- Select Doctorate (for JD or LLM students) or Master (for MS students)
- On the following page, find the Cap and Gown tab and enter your information in the appropriate fields
- Click Add to Cart and complete your purchase
- Cap and Gown Pick-Up: Friday, January 17, 2014 | Noon-6 p.m.
- Graduate Reception: Friday, January 17, 2014 | Noon-2 p.m.
Gather with colleagues, friends and family for food, drinks and fun. This is a great chance for your family and friends to take a tour of John Marshall and meet your professors.
- Obtain Your Commencement Tickets: Graduates do not need an admission ticket for Commencement; however, tickets are required for guests. Each graduate will receive 10 tickets, available in the Career Services Office, Room 405, from January 6-17, 2014. No additional tickets will be available.